Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
RHEL 8 Course content summary
- Installing Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 using the new packaging and app stream features.
- Upgrading from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 using new tools.
- Performing an integrated file system and volume management using Stratis.
- Using the Cockpit for system management.
- Creating system images with Composer.
- Configuration of Identity Management using auth-select.
- Understanding the graphical display server.
- Deploying containers using the new integrated OCI run-time and tools.
- Configuring firewall rules that use the new NFT back end.
Red Hat Linux 8 (RHEL8) Impact on the organization
This course will be help in preparing your staff to be ready for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 (RHEL8) from day one. And, giving your organization a preview of the changes in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system used by the applications, services, and other infrastructure in your data center.
This preview will allow you to more effectively plan upgrades. And the rollout of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8, prepare you to quickly take advantage of new features and changes for your business and your use cases. This preparation may help you save money and reduce the time to market of your adoption of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Red Hat has created this course in a way to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you will be prepared to work with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 and take advantage of key new features of the operating system.
You should be able to give a practical exhibition of below skills:
- Describe key features of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
- Install or upgrade an existing Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 server to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
- Manage software with the upgraded Yum package manager and select specific software versions through module streams.
- Use new storage tools to compress, erase duplicate data and efficiently manage the storage stack from hardware to file system.
- Adjust to changes to core components of the operating system, including Python 3, Wayland, and Chrony-based NTP service.
- Work with the new nf-tables-backed firewall system.
- Develop and test portable, standards-based containers with the new run-time and tool-chain.
- Configure servers efficiently with the updated web-based remote interface and with Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Roles.
Who should Learn RHEL8 Course?
This course is designed to provide a preview of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 to experienced IT professionals, including:
- Linux system administrators
- DevOps engineers
- Cloud administrators
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours/day
- Skill level Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent knowledge of and experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Language English
- Students 10
- Assessments Yes