Red Hat Satellite 6 (RH403)
We offer unique Training for Companies we initially comprehend the organization, its administrations and we will analyze the present promoting practices and after that, we set up a modified educational program that suits the requirements of that specific organization.
For Corporate preparing, you can Reach our Sales Team at +91-9393733174 or you can likewise keep in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn how to install Red Hat Satellite 6
Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) is a lab-based course that explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale management of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® systems. Course participants will learn how to install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with software packages.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and Red Hat Satellite 6.
Students will use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration, and learn how to provision hosts integrated with software and Puppet configuration management upon deployment.
Course content summary
- Installation of Red Hat Satellite 6
- Red Hat Network organizations, locations, users and roles.
- Managing software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views.
- Creating custom RPM (Red Hat Package Manager) packages.
- Using Red Hat Satellite to configuration hosts with Puppet.
- Provision hosts with integrated software and configuration management.
- Implementing Metal as a Service (MaaS) with Satellite discovery and provisioning of un provisioned hosts.
Red Hat Satellite 6 - Course Outline
Audience for this course
- Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers
Prerequisites for this course
- Recommend having a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification or equivalent experience
- Have Red Hat Satellite 5 experience
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to more efficiently design, configure, test, and deploy computer systems within an organization. Doing so will reduce unexpected downtime of systems and facilitate more efficient deployment of new systems, applications and features.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, students should be able to leverage the software development life-cycle process to plan, create, test, and provision host systems within an organization.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Installation of Red Hat Satellite 6
- Software life-cycle management of software used to provision and maintain configured hosts within a controlled production environment
Recommended next exam or course
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management (EX403) exam
- Demonstrate your knowledge, skills, and ability to use Red Hat products, including Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® and Red Hat Satellite Server, to deploy and manage systems in an efficient, scalable, replicable, and reliable manner.
- Configuration Management with Puppet (DO405)
- Learn to configure Red Hat Enterprise Linux hosts in DevOps environment using Puppet.
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management exam (EX405)
- Demonstrate your skills, knowledge, and abilities to automate configuration management with Puppet and Red Hat Enterprise Satellite 6.
- Configuration Management with Puppet with exam (DO406)
- Learn to configure Red Hat Enterprise Linux hosts in DevOps environment using Puppet and take the accompanying exam to demonstrate your skills and knowledge to manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems using Puppet and Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 521
- Assessments Yes