Red Hat System Administration I
Red Hat System Administration I
The first of two courses covering the core system administration tasks needed to manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers
Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) is designed for IT professionals without previous Linux® system administration experience. The course provides students with Linux administration “survival skills” by focusing on core administration tasks.
This curriculum also provides a foundation for students planning to become full-time Linux system administrators by introducing key command-line concepts and enterprise-level tools.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 8.
Course content summary
- Introduction to the command line
- Managing physical storage
- Install and configure software components and services
- Establish network connections and control firewall restrictions
- Monitor and manage running processes
- Manage and secure files and file systems
- Administer users and groups
- Review the system log files and journal for issues
- Troubleshoot problems and analyze systems with Red Hat Insights
- Remotely manage systems with SSH and the Web Console
Outline for this course
Impact on the organization
Red Hat Certified System Admin I course is intended to develop the skills needed for basic administration and configuration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. This course introduces key command line concepts and enterprise-level tools, laying the foundation for the rapid deployment of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
The curriculum also introduces the basic administration skills needed for resolving configuration issues and integrating Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems with other existing environments. This offering lays the foundation for secure user and group administration, and develops skills that allow administrators to use available storage solutions more efficiently and securely.
This course is the first of a two-part series that turns a computer professional who knows nothing about Linux into a fully capable Linux administrator.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact of this training
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to perform essential Linux administration tasks, including installation, establishing network connectivity, managing physical storage, and basic security administration.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Access the command line
- Manage files from command line
- Create, view, and edit text files
- Manage local users and groups
- Monitor and manage Linux processes
- Control services and daemons
- Control access to files with file system permissions
- Analyze and store log files
- Configure and secure the OpenSSH service
- Install and update software packages
- Access Linux file systems
- Manage Linux networking
Recommended next exam or course
Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) or Red Hat System Administration II with RHCSA exam (RH135)
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours/day
- Skill level Basic Knowledge on Computers and Eager to Learn
- Language English
- Students 10
- Assessments Yes